Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Friend, My Blessing!

When I think about enjoyable summers, it was when the kids and I spent most of our time at Lakeshore Camp. The best part was the friendships we made. God brought an amazing friend into my life. Esther is from Toronto, and without being at camp we probably would never have met. My life would have missed out on a great blessing. Our children connected before we did, and now our families are wonderful friends. Though they say opposites attract, we are so much alike (except that she breeds dogs, and I don't particularly even care for them).

I just talked to Esther today, and I was reminded that I'm not a total oddball. I asked her what her dreams and goals are for life. She said just to have a happy family. Not ambitious, people may say, but I answered, "Your dream is exactly like mine." I have been wrestling with myself about what I want out of life. Work is something I have to do. Having a healthy, happy family is my "dream". As life unfolds, I need to hold on to my dream and trust that God will honour my faithfulness.

Below are a couple pictures of my wonderful friend!

6 comments:

Jen said...

A simple dream and goal, but not always so simple to achieve....you keep holding on to the dream maker...He can do what seems impossible...we are all major testimonies to that.

This is God's dream and desire for your family too, so let HIM make it happen, you'll be amazed at what He can do, and it takes the pressure off of you!


Your friend sounds great...hope you get time together before long.

Tammy said...

Girlfriends, God's gift to women.
I have a bestfriend that has been through alot with me. We have been bestest friends for over 20 yrs. A happy and healthy family is all our dreams......
keep holdin on.....

Shaun and Holly said...

Cathy,
Have you read the book "The Dream Giver"? I was reminded it when I read Jen's comment to you. It is such an amazing book. Actually, I will have to find a copy of it and re-read it! ;o)

Praying for you!

Roxanne said...

A great friend is a great treasure.

Shari said...

We met at camp also. I was 16 and met a ton of youth from the beautiful city. It was that summer that I announced to my Mom this was where I wanted to live when I was older... and here I am.

God has many treasures for us... many in the form of healthy relationships with other girls.

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic dream and goal.

We get to influence the lives of our kids, unlike anyone else. A huge undertaking, and responsibility.

Our kids are eternal beings, and future history makers...
So, I wouldn't call your dream simple or small...

Thanks for being you! Just as you are...