Saturday, March 15, 2008

"A Woman And Her God" by Beth Moore

I am reading this book and came across a passage that seemed like a great prayer for me to start every day with...and thought I'd share in case it speaks to anyone else.

"Lord, You know me. You know my natural personality is given to fear. You know all my insecurities. You know that I have need to be loved and to feel significant and to feel affirmed. And Father, I'm not going to ask my family to do that for me today. They may or may not, and if they do, that's wonderful. But Father, You are my sole satisfaction, and I ask You to satisfy me this morning with your unfailing love."

It was a great reminder to me of what I need to strive for each day!

11 comments:

Maureen said...

Cathy
Thank you
You have no idea how I have been struggling since Thursday.
I prayed today for some guidance and some help with my self absorbed issues of late.
he answerd my prayer.
Bless you

Nana Cheryl said...

Great quote!! God always knows what we need AND when we need it the most. He is right there walking with us day or night. May you feels His arms around you and know you are loved.♥

Jen said...

Oh! This is very good Cathy...I know I need a lot of affection and have learned that it is not fair to expect others to respond to me based on my need...this is a good reminder and prayer.

Rhonda said...

That's a great prayer. I really like Beth Moore. I was watching her the other day on James Robison - she shares great truths!

Amy said...

this is great---sometimes it's easy to KNOW God is the only one that can give us that--but hard to ACT on it.
Thanks!!

Shaun and Holly said...

Very good Cathy!! And a good reminder for me too.

Roxanne said...

This is excellent. God is so faithful.

Rhonda said...

Have a wonderful Easter Cathy!!!

Cathy said...

Thanks, Rhonda and same to you and your family.

Shari said...

wow powerful prayer!!

Tamatha said...

Well....I think this is my "deep thought" for the day to ponder!:o) See you later tonight:o)