Thursday, March 27, 2008

IT'S GOOD TO LAUGH AT YOURSELF!

Okay! Here's the story. I started my new job last week, and on Tuesday something happened, and I couldn't help laughing at myself. I shared it with some other girls in the office today and they kept passing it on and laughing some more. I didn't mind. It was just one of my shining moments, and here's what happened...

...I took my van to Canadian Tire to have it fixed. I figured it needed a new battery and that's what it was. I left my work number and extension, so they could let me know the problem, how much it cost, and when it was ready. In the morning at work, the main receptionist stepped out of the office for a while, so I sat at her desk (which is just around a corner from mine, but in the same office). I was answering the phone lines and doing some other work. Then...the phone call came. The man on the other end said, "Hi, can you put me through to extension 3042 please." I replied, "Sure, just one moment please." I transfered the call, and you'll never guess what happened! The phone at my desk started ringing! I then realized what I had done. I didn't know my own extension number and had to go around the corner and answer (the same man of course), "Cathy speaking"...Do you think that maybe he didn't recognize my voice? He never let on whether he did or didn't. It was Canadian Tire calling to say my van was ready. Oh well, if he did recognize that I was the same person, I'm sure he had a good laugh too!

I'll be laughing about this for a good, long time. I hope this story at least made you smile!

8 comments:

Amy said...

That is really funny!!
Where are you working now?

Maureen said...

Too Funny.
I can just imagine the look on your face when your phone rang.

Cathy said...

I'm still working part-time at the hospital and full-time at Welch Chartered Accountants. That's where this happened, at my "new" job.

Shaun and Holly said...

HA!!! You are funny! ;o) In a very honest and wonderful way!! I love ya!

Rhonda said...

It's so good to be able to laugh at yourself. (At least you did something funny to warrant the laugh - haha)

Jen said...

Very Funny, and Congrats on the new job!

Shari said...

If you did this on a regular basis you'd get a ton of exercise running from one phone to another.

Roxanne said...

I can just see ME doing that! It's always good to be able to laugh at ourselves.