Sunday, May 4, 2008

JANA IS HOME!!!

Well, I'm very happy to have Jana home from her 1st year at Ottawa University. My sister and I went to pick her up last weekend. We had the van packed full of things that she actually fit in her little room.

I can't believe the year went so fast. Jana has gained more independence, and (don't tell her but...) she's still my little girl. I know, I know..."Let her grow up!" She actually did that and is an amazing young woman, who loves God.

I am so proud of her. I wish I had some of her insight and wisdom, as well as her strength.

She is now in pursuit of a summer job. She is taking Criminology and would like to find something relating to her field of study, but is willing to work wherever. If any of you know of any openings, please let us know.

8 comments:

Williams Family Blog said...

Oh the fond memories I have of moving to and from school. The first year I moved away to school I think everything fit in the trunk of the car. By the time I graduated and moved back home for the summer we needed a u haul.
I will keep my eyes and ears open for any summer job openings for Jana.

Roxanne said...

I lived at the same house for first and second year so I only had to bring home clothes for the summer. At the end of second year I was able to move my stuff to the house where I lived for third year. Just look at all the fun you get to have doing it this way!!LOL

Jen said...

So nice to have her back in the nest I am sure...have a great summer with her and I will be excited to hear what great job opportunity comes up for her.

Shaun and Holly said...

So happy for you that you "get to have" your daughter home for the summer!!!

By the way, your blog looks great in blue! ;o)

Shari said...

Amanda is LOVING having Jana around. Who have every thought that our children would become such great friends... just like we were at that age.

Rhonda said...

How nice to have your daughter back home. I know you'll enjoy your time with her this summer!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your summer with her

Tamatha said...

Where did she end up working anyways?